Frozen Halfshell Greenshell™ Mussels
Unique to New Zealand’s pristine coastline
Rope cultivated – sand and grit free
Industry dedicated to halfshell
Our mussels are an all natural GE free product with absolutely no additives.
One of the planet’s super foods:
New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussels are a wealth of nutritional benefits, being:
- Low in fat, calories and cholesterol and high in iron, protein and essential Omega-3 fatty acids.
- New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussels contain over 3 times the haem iron (the most easily absorbed iron form) of rump steak, on a per gram basis.
- 6 medium sized mussels provide approximately 25% of an adult’s daily protein requirement, with protein being necessary in the building and repairing of muscle tissue.
The benefits from New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussel consumption include:
Increased energy levels
Improved body health, including the capability to build and repair muscle tissue
Mussel farms contained within Government identified AMAs
Greenshell™ mussels topped Blue Ocean’s species score card
Spat/seed managed under quote system
No use of fertilisers, herbicides, pesticides or artificial feed
The New Zealand marine farmer’s safe, sustainable and environmentally friendly practices have been recognised by Aquaculture NZ.
- Water quality – monitored to independent international standards
- Processing – regularly audited by MPI
- Registered HACCP plan and RMP
- Global Aquaculture Alliance BAP
- No artificial colouring, flavouring or preservative