- 212 New Zealand Greenshell Mussels – half shell
- 1 Green apple (fine julienne)
- 4 large Red Radishes (fine julienne)
- 100gms (3.5oz) Yellow Split Peas
- 1 Lemon (juice only)
- 1 small bunch Micro watercress (or watercress finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Avocado oil to taste Salt & ground white pepper
Wash & soak yellow split peas for approx two hours, rinse & dry slightly then deep or shallow fry in oil. Allow to drain on an absorbent paper towel & season with salt & pepper. Loosen the mussel meat from the shell for ease of service. In a mixing bowl toss the apple with the lemon juice then add the radish & watercress, dress with avocado oil. Season to taste then add the fried yellow split peas. Dress the top of the mussels with the salad. Serve cold on a plate or platter – optional accompaniment is ponzu sauce or sweet miso dressing.