- 12 New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussels – half shell
- 250gms (9oz) Macadamia nuts (sliced & toasted)
- 10gms (0.4oz) Lemon kelp seasoning or substitute with a quality lemon pepper & wakame
- 1 Orange zest (fine) from a single orange
- 6 Chive spears (finely cut)
- 150gms (5oz) Butter (softened)
Combine macadamia nuts, lemon kelp seasoning, orange zest and chives in a bowl & mix well, add butter & mix to combine. Loosen the mussel meat from the shell for ease of service. Top the mussel with the crust, evenly covering the mussel meat. Toast the crusted mussels under a hot grill (or bake in a hot oven) until the crust is toasted & the mussel is hot (1-2 minutes). Serve hot on a plate or platter (optional garnish – lemon wedges).